Friday, August 27, 2010

Friday Foodstuffs--What is your favorite recipe?

Another yummy week at the House o' Pip and we didn't succumb to the ease of take out once!  Woohoo!

My two favorite dishes from the week were the Chili Honey Chicken Thighs and the Stove Top Baked Beans. If you make the chicken using the thighs, I suggest broiling them for about 2 minutes to crisp up the skin. Careful, the honey can turn it from crisp to burnt in a matter of seconds, but the result is worth the potential failure.

Since I can't leave well enough alone, I also modified the beans a bit. I first caramelized a small chopped onion before starting the rest of the recipe (I used the canned bean version).  Super simple and yummy. It was perfect with some leftover barbecue we've had sitting in our freezer.

The theme for this upcoming week is"as easy as possible". I have a HUGE week at work and it will make for lots of late nights. It will also suck most of my energy and brainpower so I needed weekday meals that are quick, easy and can be prepared (or at least heavily prepped)  over the weekend. Also, I picked up my Food Co-op  order yesterday so I picked recipes that would use all the veggies I bought. All *starred* dishes have an ingredient I purchased from the co-op.

The plan is:

Saturday:  Eggplant Surprise*
Sunday: Grilled Steak and Grilled Zucchini & Summer Squash kabobs*
Monday: Bahamian Stew*, bread
Tuesday: 5 Spice Tilapia.  Stir Fry Veggies (the frozen in a bag kind)
Wednesday: Greek Omelet, Bacon*, Frozen Cherries in Greek Yogurt
Thursday: I'll be out drinking heavily with co-workers to celebrate the end of this major project/event. Brett's on his own a and Max pretty much sticks to bottles and rice cereal. 
Friday: Leftovers

Next week, I want to eat some of your favorite recipes. Please comment with link or the actual recipe to your favorite dish!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...